- Return the dish to the oven and bake for 15 min until the billowing clouds of marshmallowy-soft meringue are softly set and streaked with gold.
- Swirl the mixture gently over the filling and bake for 15 min more until the meringue is softly set and streaked with gold.
- White Lightning is a 14-portion dessert made of chocolate fudge and meringue, with three layers of chocolate sponge topped with white chocolate mousse.
- "I'm having coffee, welsh rarebit, and a meringue."
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff snowy peaks, gradually beating in 4 oz sugar, then pile the meringue mixture over the pudding.
- Meringue basket filled with raspberries and topped with raspberry yogurt (or fill with strawberries or any fruit).
- The sun had shone so that, after their lemon meringue pie, they had come out here, where the long-haired cat danced about the lawn, and Gaily had noticed the back-gate swinging off its hinges.
- She handed Isabel a slice of lemon meringue pie.
- And here is a place where nice need not mean too naughty - the creamless syllabub is made with Tofu, the dandelion coffee mousse contains agar agar, and the all-time favourite is a gravity defying lemon meringue pie.
- Let the pie rest for 5-;10 min before serving, or wait until it is cold, but be sure to serve it the day of making or the meringue may begin to weep.
- The meringue will disintegrate if cooked too long and collapse if not cooked enough.
- Turn down the heat so that the water simmers gently, and poach spoonfuls of meringue in this for about 60 seconds each side.
- Traditionally jam is spread between the custard and the meringue.