мул [зоол.] ; упрямец ; мюль ; мюль-машина ; толкач ; тягач ; тапочка ; домашняя туфля без задника; гибрид ;
ныть; хныкать; мяукать
- We don't really know, but the mule is a marvellous experimental animal in this context.
- Who ever said "stubborn as a mule"?
- " BET YOUR bottom's sore," said a friend sympathetically when I described my six-day, 100-mile mule ride through the Sierra Nevada of southern Spain.
- The Kawasaki Mule 2010, which takes all terrain vehicles (ATVs) a stage further in their development, won the D Alban Davies Award.
- When the Dutch Texel Welsh Mule females were crossed back to the Dutch Texel the E grade level increased to 60%.
- Mule the best new equipment at Royal Welsh
- Later came artificial insemination, which is now the standard practice on the large mule farms of China.
- The French Texel is too much like a Mule - too big and too long.
- Arend Lourens Hagedoorn, a Dutch geneticist at the University of California, wrote in his book Animal Breeding (1954): "It is astonishing to see the enormous variety between the mares and the uniformity of the mule foals.
- We will journey onto other worlds and reach a land beyond the awkward mule's path of words, and we are free to savour the sensations that are wordless.
- I have fallen in love with American names, The sharp names that never get fat, The snakeskin-titles of mining claims, The plumed war-bonnet of Medicine Hat, Tucson and Deadwood and Lost Mule Flat.
- In an interspecies cross like the mule one would always expect marked differences between the two parents' white cell antigens, and on the analogy with humans, habitual abortions should be rare.
- My mule was a 17-year-old snow-white gelding called Vaquero - Spanish for cowboy.