проповедовать; поучать; читать наставления; выступать в защиту
- At about the same time, the Lord Mayor and aldermen of the City of London decided to hold a Day of Solemn Thanksgiving to God for General Monk's success, and they requested Richard Baxter to preach in St. Paul's.
- We are at a disadvantage in Britain in that we do not have a revolutionary doctrine to preach: a vivid message that promises an unattainable millennium .
- The main function of early presbyters was not to preach or celebrate but to give counsel to bishops.
- The 680 pastors that serve the region are said to preach to well-attended churches on Sundays.
- Michael will be visiting us to preach on July 22nd.
- The Watchword had read, "Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God."
- We find a man busy about his parish, up early, taking services, preaching, preparing to preach, visiting the sick, conducting funerals, running a club.
- Doc Paisley was the first man I ever heard preach to me directly that I was sinner, that God loved me and that Jesus died for me
- I had it in big letters - "Father" Arrien (the father in inverted commas!) will preach on the blasphemy of the Roman Mass on such and such an evening - and the priest of the town, he went up to the council and objected to this and said that Wylie's a trouble maker.
- She will learn to preach and do the liturgy in the same way as he.
- Its text survives in a Fulda manuscript of c .820-;30, and Fulda was a monastery founded by St Boniface as a convenient centre from which to preach to several Germanic peoples including the Saxons.
- It was wittily said by a bright genius, who observed another to labour in the composition of a discourse he was to deliver in public, that such a painstaker was fitter to make a pulpit than to preach in it.
- As he put his foot on the doorstep, a young man seemed to jostle him - it was young McCulloch from Weem, the sulky handsome lad with the curly head - why had he come hanging about here instead of hearing his own man preach in Weem?